Harvey’s of Lewes is renowned for its wonderful range of fresh ales, created in our traditional brew house that dates back to Victorian times. The brewery is a family business, with seventh generation at the helm today.
We use only the very best locally sourced ingredients: hops from farms in the South East; traditional English malt; water filtered through the chalk Downs and drawn from our own well. Our own special strain of yeast has been ‘re-pitched’ for over half a century.
Sussex Best is our most famous beer, a superbly balanced bitter with a prominent hop character. The brew has been carefully honed over decades to meet the demanding tastes of the people of Sussex – using finest Maris Otter malted barley, supplemented by a dash of Crystal malt for balance. Whilst our hops are a blend of four different local varieties, to give a distinctive hoppy finish.
Our beautiful Georgian Brewery Shop is in Cliffe High Street where you can find….
- Harvey’s full range of draught and bottled beers – View our range here
- Fine Wines & Port – Harvey’s is also a Wine Merchant selling a wide range of wines from classic Bordeaux, Burgundies and fortified wines to great value bottles priced from £6.
- Premium Spirits – An extensive and eclectic selection of spirits from across the world.
- English Fruit Wines and Liqueurs – Rhubarb to blueberry, mead and ginger wines.
- Harvey’s Merchandise – See our online shop for more details
- Planning a Party? – For events and parties we offer Sale or Return and a Glass Hire Service
- Cigars & Bespoke Humidor – Our range covers Habanos from major brands, such as Cohiba and Montecristo, along with some from smaller brands including Ramon Allones and Quai D’Orsay. We also have an interesting stock of Regional and Limited Edition cigars. If you’re interested and want to find out more about our cigar menu, then please drop by the Harvey’s Shop and speak to one of our Hunters and Frankau trained staff.
Get in touch
Harvey’s Brewery Shop
Open Monday to Saturday 9.30am – 5.30pm, Sunday 11am – 3pm
Telephone: 01273 480 217
Open Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Telephone: 01273 480 209
Find out more and shop online at www.harveys.org.uk