1. It’s the tallest moving viewing tower in the world. It’s won loads of awards for innovation and design, and we think that makes it pretty cool.
2. The pod is ten times the size of a London Eye capsule so there’s loads of space to walk around and enjoy the view from different angles. No one has to sit down unless they want to.
3. From 450ft the world looks tiny, like a vast sea of Lego; and children will feel like giants. They can press their faces to the glass and try to spot their house, their local park, seagulls flying past or ships out at sea.
4. Thirsty? The bar on board the pod serves delicious Wobblegate juices (their orchards are to the north, beyond the South Downs).
5. Did you know the steel tower is made up of 17 cans, which all arrived in Brighton by boat? They can learn more fascinating facts at our exhibition ‘British Airways i360: How it was Built’ and watch the construction process from start to finish in high-speed timelapse.
6. While they’re waiting to board the pod they can pretend to build the tower by downloading the British Airways i360 app. Once on board it’ll also help them identify landmarks and lead them through a treasure hunt.
7. The restaurant in our beach building is open all day and has a great kids’ menu and for dessert they can build a Brightonbockerglory (yes, that’s a thing). There’s a view of the West Pier from every table and wide terraces where you can soak up the sunshine.
8. But if the weather’s not great then don’t worry – the pod is fully enclosed so it’s a great option on a wet day. By the time you’ve taken a flight on the pod, visited the exhibition and the restaurant, you’ll have spent two hours being inspired and entertained indoors.
9. The entire site is buggy friendly (although on very busy days you might need to leave it with our friendly security team). There are baby-changing facilities at boarding level and in the beach building, and high chairs in the restaurant.
12. And finally, if you live in central Brighton your family can get half-price off-peak tickets for British Airways i360 by becoming resident members; for a fee of just £1 a year per person. What a bargain.