1. We will create 440 new jobs – An independent economic impact study concluded the i360 will generate 440 new full-time equivalent roles in the city.
2. We are the first tourism Living Wage employer in the city – We are part of the Brighton & Hove Living Wage campaign and believe that by paying a decent wage, we can attract the best people to work for us who will in turn deliver outstanding service to our guests.
3. We will bring an additional 350,000 visitors to the city – These are the extra people who will travel to Brighton to visit the world’s tallest moving observation tower and the tallest observation tower outside London from the team who created the London Eye. All these extra visitors will all spend money in the city’s many shops, restaurants and hotels, generating more income and jobs in Brighton.
4. The Council will make £1million per annum from loan – The Council has acted as a middle man for a loan from the Public Works Loan Board and will earn £1million per annum profit at a time of economic cuts. No council tax is being used.
5. The city will get 1% of ticket revenues – Every single year, we will pay 1% of our ticket revenues to the city for the community’s benefit – this payment will keep flowing even when we’ve repaid the loan.
6. Restoration of West Pier heritage – The i360 will restore the beautiful original 1866 West Pier toll booths and return them to their original position on Kings Road, as a tea rooms open to the public and our ticket office.
7. We are providing financial support to the West Pier Trust – This money supports the Trust’s heritage works, schools programme and plans to create a new pier, ultimately securing their future.
8. Free rides for school children – Every child attending a state school in Brighton will have the opportunity to visit the i360 at least once for free in their school career.
9. A great place to bring the kids – Did you know we’ll have a kids’ play zone in our beach building? There also will be fun activities during school holidays. We think the i360 will be a fantastic place to entertain the kids.
10. Inspiring the next generation – We hope to inspire the next generation of engineers and architects with the awe inspiring tower. We will develop free curriculum resources across the key stages in maths, design, technology and science.
11. Discounts for local residents – We will offer a fantastic membership scheme for locals with discounts on our ‘rides’, Sky Bar, Brasserie, tea rooms and children’s soft play. Interested? Sign up here!
12. We are championing local companies – We want to harness all the amazing home-grown talent in Brighton and Sussex. We advertise all tenders locally and we are already working with a growing list of local suppliers.
13. We are creating a new benchmark in Sustainability – From harvesting rainwater to food composting and low energy appliances; our tower will even generate around 50% of its own energy needs on its descent.
14. We are helping regenerate the seafront – We have kick started a regeneration of the Western seafront; more footfall west is of huge benefit to Preston Street and the many seafront traders to the west of the Palace Pier.
15. Working with charities – We will support many local charities once we open. We are already fundraising for Rockinghorse. Sponsor our CEO Eleanor Harris to dance the Charleston here.
16. A new city icon – We believe we are creating Brighton’s future heritage and a new icon for this progressive, exciting digital city, something to be proud of.
17. Supporting events and tourism across the city – We are forging positive partnerships with attractions, hotels and major city events. Our re-launched web site will promote all the wonderful things Brighton has to offer.
18. Showcase up and coming talent – We will host an exciting and ever changing programme of events such as live music, showcasing up and coming talent, something close to the heart of the city.
19. Open up the landscape of Sussex – From our glass viewing pod you will enjoy amazing views of the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, South Downs National Park and Sussex coastline in all its glory.
20. Great beach-side venue to hang out and soak up that West Pier view – Even if you have a fear of heights, we hope you’ll come to visit. Good coffee, free Wi-Fi, delicious food, lovely views, fun events… a great new beach-side venue for locals to enjoy.
21. We’ll attract high spending overnight stays – Our unique Sky Bar and destination brasserie will make it worth extending a day trip into an overnight stay worth nearly 10 times as much to the local economy.
22. We’ll help Brighton remain competitive as a conference destination – Conference visitors can be entertained with a drinks reception in our glass viewing pod or in our beach-side hospitality rooms, helping Brighton attract conferences to the city.
23. Top spot for special events – We will host special events on Valentine’s Day, New Year’s Eve and during the Brighton Festival and Pride week. We can even change the lighting of the tower. Rainbow tower?
24. Tallest moving place to get married – Imagine saying ‘I do’ at 450 feet and then descending to earth for a beach-side party in our beach building. Those wedding photos will be amazing!
25. Sustainable locally sourced food – Our brasserie will serve fresh seasonal food from the South Downs, Sussex coastal waters. All from within the 26 miles you can see from the i360.
26. An incredible view – Why did we choose 26? Because from the top of our tower you can see for over 26 miles. On a clear day, views will stretch from Beachy Head to the Isle of Wight.