Visitors to British Airways i360 can take to the skies and see Brighton and the South Coast as they have never seen them before.
Guests glide up slowly from ground level to 138m (450ft) to enjoy breath-taking 360° views from the world’s tallest moving observation tower, conceived and designed by Marks Barfield Architects, creators of the London Eye.
In our beach building, we can accommodate events from 10 – 1,100 people. The West Beach Bar & Kitchen, as well as the West Pier Tea Room, offer some popular dining options for visitors and residents alike.
The position will involve making contact via phone and email to companies and clients that have booked their Christmas parties, New Year and some other events.
You will be responsible for the following Christmas coordination duties:
- collating food and drink pre-orders
- coordinating seating plans and floorplans
- creating and arranging place cards
- responding to incoming enquiries
- taking payments
- meeting and greeting clients throughout the festive season
- assisting the event manager when required
- post event follow up and rebooking for 2018
The role will also involve supporting the sales executive in coordination for private Christmas parties and festive meeting packages. Additional responsibilities include site visits for prospective and confirmed clients who would book our private event facilities.
Based in our sales office, you will be handling a high volume of sales calls, booking in groups onto the i360 flight experience, upselling and cross-selling our products and event packages through our computer reservation systems – Maxim and Rendez Vous.
Dealing with corporate clients and the general public, you will be pro-active, have a positive can-do attitude, be flexible with a friendly and outgoing manner.
You will be a key part of the team with the opportunity to really make a difference to the success of British Airways i360 in achieving client satisfaction.
- To support the sales team with event coordination and to assist the operations team, caterer and other suppliers in order to deliver first-class service to our customers through outstanding teamwork
- To deliver excellent service through up-selling and cross-selling on the telephone of British Airways i360 products using our computer reservation systems in order to help the company achieve its multi-million £ revenue targets
- To undertake administrative tasks including data input, reporting, responding to written enquiries, sending out brochures, booking confirmations and invoices.
- To build positive relationships with our clients
- To attend event operations meetings and briefing all relevant departments
- To deal with customer written, email or telephone enquiries. Assisting customers with information and resolving customer complaints according to British Airways i360 service recovery guidelines.
- To work together as a team in order to promote, sell and manage bookings and to assist the operations team and caterer as and when appropriate in order to deliver outstanding service to our customers through outstanding teamwork
- Conduct site visits and familiarisation events
- Follow company standards in obtaining contracts and H&S documents for each event
- To liaise with the accounts departments and assist where necessary in the collection of all outstanding payments
- This list is not exhaustive. A flexible and willing attitude is vital.
About you…..the essential skills and personal qualities
- A minimum of 1 year’s event coordination or hospitality experience gained in a hotel, conference centre, unique venue or visitor attraction is a strong advantage for this role
- You will have excellent organisational skills and attention to detail is essential
- Computer literacy is essential (including Word, Excel and Outlook) and experience of using computer reservation systems and/or ecommerce platforms is an advantage
- A confident communicator and quick learner, a genuine team player who is flexible with the ability to manage a wide variety of tasks
- Common sense, organisational and problem-solving skills are essential. A passion for excellence with the ability to work on own initiative and under pressure
- Create a positive first impression and possess excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to form positive relationships with a wide variety of people
- Excellent English, both written and spoken
- Polished and professional appearance
- You must have a passion for excellence, be able to work on your own initiative and have the ability to work under pressure. You will remain calm in all types of situations, genuinely enjoy working with customers and up-selling our products.
- You must be proactive and goal focused
- Passionate, positive and enthusiastic about British Airways i360 and ability to upsell the benefits to current and prospective clients
This is a temporary role until the middle of January 2018 – full-time position to include some evenings and weekend work.
The role will predominantly be based in our offices and event spaces on Brighton Beach (Kings Road, Brighton BN1 2LN).
Business attire is expected to be worn. This is not a uniformed role.
How to apply
Please apply in writing to email@example.com with a CV and covering letter.