You will be managing a team of Guest Services and Security Assistants, responsible for the safety and security of our guests by providing door security, undertaking bag and ticket checks, guarding our shop, managing our guests through the boarding process and queue and crowd management, assisting at events and with VIPs and monitoring CCTV. This is a hands on role where you are part of the team, in addition to your management tasks.
The security operation includes ‘door security’ for the vertical cable car ‘ride’ and licensed areas, and overall 24 hour security of the entire 1,500 square metre public venue including shop, hospitality spaces for up to 1,000 people, restaurants, children’s play zone, visitor facilities and exhibition space.
This is not a 9 to 5 job and will involve rostered evening and weekend working.
You must be a current SIA Licence holder, and First Aid Training is desirable.
About British Airways i360
Visitors to British Airways i360 can take to the skies and see Brighton and the South Coast as they have never seen them before.
Guests glide up slowly to 138m (450ft) to enjoy breath-taking 360° views from the world’s tallest moving observation tower and the world’s first vertical cable car, conceived and designed by Marks Barfield Architects, creators of the London Eye. In a fully enclosed, futuristic glass viewing pod, up to 200 visitors can admire the views across Regency Brighton, the South Downs and the beautiful Sussex coastline. On board the pod, they can enjoy a drink at the Nyetimber Sky Bar, one of the most unique bars in the UK, serving a range of fine drinks from Sussex including Nyetimber, an award winning sparkling wine.
At beach level is the stylish Belle Vue restaurant with sea views and a large terrace, serving delicious food created from the best ingredients of Sussex. Afternoon tea can be enjoyed in the traditional West Pier Tea Room, housed in a reproduction tollbooth from the original West Pier built in 1866. Our shop has an interesting range of gifts and souvenirs, many created by local Brighton artists.
We also have a range of event spaces for corporate events, functions and weddings
Guest Service and Security Supervisor Responsibilities
- To manage a team of Guest Services and Security Assistants, allocating tasks and monitoring performance
- To prepare security rotas.
- To manage underperformance issues and sickness absenteeism.
- To act as one of a team of Duty Operation Managers, responsible on a rotational basis for overseeing the entire operation of the entire site, resolving any customer complaints, managing major operational disruption if it occurs and acting as an Incident Manager during any incidents and emergencies.
Guest Service and Security Responsibilities
- To provide a warm welcome to guests at the entrance to British Airways i360, providing outstanding service and answering any questions members of the public may have.
- To ensure the safety of all of our guests by providing pre-flight checks of guests and their bags before their flight on the vertical cable car or at the entrance to an event.
- To manage the queuing process and crowds at our entrance, ensuring a safe and efficient access and boarding to the vertical cable car or at one-off events.
- To monitor guests and identify potentially hazardous situations, security risks, crime or disorder, and report these to the duty manager.
- To guard the retail, bar, till areas and cash collections in order to prevent losses
- To respond to any intruder alarms and to undertake surveillance of the building and guests using CCTV equipment, in line with SIA guidelines.
- To assess if guests may pose a threat, denying entry to the venue, confiscating prohibited items, evicting or apprehending violators, apprehending criminals and contacting the Police if necessary, whilst acting lawfully at all times.
- To perform first aid or CPR and liaise with the ambulance service if necessary.
- To diffuse difficult customer situations, dealing with potentially aggressive, abusive or violent behaviour by guests.
- To assist in any emergency situation.
- To ensure British Airways i360 policies and procedures are strictly adhered to, specifically security, customer service and service recovery
- To wear the British Airways uniform with pride, and comply at all times with uniform standards.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required and that fall within the scope and range of the job.
Essential skills, experience and personal qualities
- You will have a genuine passion for the British Airways i360 experience and desire to provide the ultimate, memorable experience to our guests
- You will be have at least 2 years’ relevant experience in a comparable high volume customer facing organisation such as a visitor attraction; leisure centre; airline or large entertainment venue.
- You will hold a recognized security qualification.
- You will have a sound working knowledge of security best practice, legislation and security systems, including alarms, CCTV.
- You will have experience of managing a team of security staff, managing and monitoring performance
- You will have experience of managing rotas and sickness absence
- You will have experience of adhering to organisational policies and procedures, including security
- You will have excellent time management
- You will have good communication skills
- You will have excellent English
- To undergo a Basic Criminal Disclosure.
Job Location and Hours
The role is based at British Airways i360, Kings Road, Brighton BN1 2LN.
This is a permanent position full-time position working on with shift patterns covering 7 days a week including evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
Salary and benefits
The salary is £20,800 p.a. plus a competitive benefits package.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter (1 side of A4) explaining why you are the right candidate for the role, to email@example.com.
Please note that we are unable to respond to everyone due to the high number of applications we receive, however we will be in touch if we want to take your application further.