Visitors to British Airways i360 can take to the skies and see Brighton and the south coast as they have never seen them before. Guests glide up slowly from ground level to 138m (450ft) to enjoy breathtaking 360° views from the world’s tallest moving observation tower, conceived and designed by Marks Barfield Architects, creators of the London Eye.
As a member of the senior management team, you will be responsible for driving visitors to our superb attraction. Through the motivation and leadership of your team you will bring creative marketing ideas to the fore, inspire visitors to Brighton to take a flight with us and through our inspirational social media channels you will keep British Airways i360 loved through every interaction with the public.
This is not a 9 to 5 role. It requires someone with the enthusiasm, passion, drive, humour and love of the thrill in achieving targets to drive us forward.
- To plan and implement evidence-based marketing strategies to deliver targeted revenue for the attraction – including admissions (day visitors, group visits and travel trade), events, retail, catering, local resident membership, education and sponsorship.
- To write and deliver a marketing strategy that will ensure continued growth in visitors for future years.
- To ensure that all marketing materials are engaging and effective whilst protecting and upholding the brand of the attraction and its sponsors.
- Working with our commercial sponsors to increase awareness and business through marketing initiatives. To secure additional commercial sponsors where appropriate.
- To identify opportunities to increase our revenue and profits, whether through introducing new products, developing new clients or new market opportunities.
- To develop positive long-term relationships with our clients including the travel trade, group operators, event agents, destination management companies, language schools, local businesses and our commercial partners.
- To be an ambassador for the attraction at networking events, exhibitions and trade shows in the UK and overseas, leading to secure new business.
- To manage our ticketing / CRM system ensuring data is effectively used to market to our visitors and ensuring all opportunities for data capture are maximised and exploited.
- To lead our events team in securing and delivering high-quality, profitable events throughout the year.
- To set and manage the marketing budget for the attraction ensuring value for money and cost per visitor is maximised.
About you…..essential skills and personal qualities
- Experienced in the creation of campaign content and management of PR activity and campaigns.
- Experience of budget setting in both visitor numbers and marketing expenditure.
- Can demonstrate an instinctive understanding of customers matched with an ability to deliver high-quality and effective marketing communications that achieve increased visitor numbers.
- Strong marketing planner with excellent knowledge of media mix in particular the roles of digital, social media, PR and agency management.
- Creative and innovative – ability to recognise strong tactical opportunities and exploit them creatively via PR, partnerships and digital communications.
- Significant experience in marketing, preferably within visitor attractions, leisure, travel or tourism.
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality and cost-effective campaigns.
- Thrives on and can demonstrate strong ability to drive and deliver successful change – cultural and process.
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills – ability to work collaboratively with and influence external partners and senior colleagues.
- Excellent presentation skills – comfortable presenting marketing plans, priorities and developments and representing the company externally.
- Proven hands-on ability to motivate, enthuse and lead a team and able to create a positive, motivating work environment.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities. Resourceful and practical; able to “think on feet” and solve problems quickly and effectively. Positive “can do” attitude.
Job location and hours
This is a full-time role based at British Airways i360, Lower Kings Road, Brighton BN1 2LN.
Circa £50k pa
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com by January 14th, 2018.