As a multi award-winning piece of Architecture, the cleaning standards at the British Airways i360 must maintain the level of commitment, sophistication and standard titles such as this deserve. It provides an exiting and enriching experience for its customers, and adds to the already eclectic skyline of Brighton seafront. Visitors can enjoy splendid 360° views of Brighton and the South Coast at 138 meters (450ft).
As a valued member of the Housekeeping Crew, you will be responsible for maintaining the highest standard of cleaning throughout the entire space. This includes the vertical cable car (Pod), Beach Building & Upper Deck as well as the external terraces. Hospitality skills are also an essential aspect to this role. You are customer facing and are providing help and assistance so that space remains inviting, informative and sanitary for our customers along side all other teams.
The responsibilities of this role are to clean and maintain the inner and outer fabric of the building alongside and under the observation of the Housekeeping Manager. Duties include:
- Daily full cleans of front and back of house before and after the operation.
- Demonstration of cleaning skill – experience of full and deep cleaning is essential.
- Lone and group work is required.
- Lifting and Manual Handling abilities are required.
- Understanding of COSHH is required.
- Cleaning in toilets (WC’s), retail spaces, food preparation areas; cleaning of glass and concrete.
- Cleaning at 138 Meters (450ft).
- Performing regular cleaning checks of the space whilst being mindful of customers and staff.
- Servicing two bars with Sussex based beverages.
- Communicating with all departments via radio communication.
- Working Alongside all departments as part of Facilities and Maintenance Teams.
- Performing said duties with a high level of physical and verbal presentation that is comparable to the British Airways uniform standard.
- A flexible and willing attitude is essential.
The British airways i360 prides itself as a living wage employer. The starting salary is £18,200 at £8.75 an hour. The hours are 20 – 40 hours a week. You will be required to work early morning, late evening and weekend shifts via a published rota. You will need to be flexible and willing to work unsociable hours. Extra remuneration is provided for unsocial hours at an enhanced rate.
Please email CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are unable to respond to everyone due to the high number of applicants we receive, however we will contact you if we would like to take your application further.