Visitors to British Airways i360 can take to the skies and see Brighton and the South Coast as they have never seen them before.
Guests glide up slowly to 138m (450ft) to enjoy breath taking 360° views from the world’s tallest moving observation tower and the world’s first vertical cable car, conceived and designed by Marks Barfield Architects, creators of the London Eye.
Managing and guiding the HR department, including overseeing processes and policies to make sure they are fair for all employees. To lead and manage by providing professional skills and technical capabilities, specialist subject knowledge (including employment legislation) integrity in decision making and operational activity. The successful candidate should possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to relate well to people on all levels with sensitivity, tact and diplomacy. This is a busy and dynamic post and will require someone who is highly organised and possesses excellent administrative skills, remains calm under pressure and can work to tight deadlines.
- Assisting with recruiting and staffing, such as sitting in on interviews
- Assisting to write job descriptions to attract quality candidates
- Managing performance of current employees
- Generating reports and data to quantify performance and skills
- Developing and implementing new processes to improve performance across the company
- Advising and assisting with employee disciplinary procedures
- Offering orientation and other aspects of new employee onboarding
- Sitting on company committees to provide feedback and ways to improve the resources available to employees
- Overseeing compliance requirements
- Following up on performance concerns and disciplinary action with staff members
- Organising recruitment exercises
- Preparing and distributing staff employment contracts and offer letters
- To be the main point of contact for employees with any HR queries
- Maintaining adequate and accurate employee records
- To provide ad hoc administrative support across the wider team
This list is not exhaustive and a flexible and willing attitude is vital.
Your skills, experience and personal qualities
- Sensitivity in Handling Confidential Issues
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise your workload.
- Ability to solve problems and work on your own initiative.
- Superb communication skills with a polite and welcoming manner.
- You will have strong attention to detail.
- Experience of dealing with senior and sometimes challenging individuals
- Ability to build rapport quickly with key members of the executive team.
- Ability to represent the Human Resource function as part of the bigger business picture
- Confident in advising managers on all aspects of people management and development.
- Demonstrable experience in managing TUPE, redundancy or other relevant HR projects
- Strong understanding of employment law
- Have a CIPD or equivalent qualification
- A professional and commercial approach to HR, with the ability to deliver high employee satisfaction, appropriate development and reward for individuals
- You will have a good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- You must have a positive and enthusiastic outlook.
Please apply in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and covering letter.