Job Description – CLOSED
Do you enjoy communicating with customers on social media? Do you enjoy providing the highest level of customer service? Do you have experience of implementing creative social media campaigns? Do you have creative writing experience? Are you a self-motivated and organised worker with passion for British Airways i360? If so, we need you to come and join our team!
Based in our beach building office, you will be managing our social media accounts including corresponding with customers, plus posting interesting and exciting content; managing our customer email enquiries account; responding to customer feedback post flight, and compiling feedback to the team for continuous improvement of our customer service. You will be highly organised, flexible with a friendly and outgoing manner.
You will be a key part of the marketing team with the opportunity to really make a difference to the success of British Airways i360 in achieving both our customer service and commercial targets.
About British Airways i360
At 162 metres high, and with an observation pod rising to 138 metres, British Airways i360 will be the tallest observation tower outside London and the world’s tallest moving observation tower, offering a new perspective on the fun-loving seaside city of Brighton.
Developed by the team that created the London Eye, British Airways i360 launched on Brighton Beach this summer, at the site of the root end of the historic West Pier. British Airways i360 has a slender, elegant design, with a futuristic pod allowing 200 visitors at a time to ride up sky high to enjoy breath-taking 360 degree views of Brighton and the South Coast. The beach building incorporates the Belle Vue Restaurant, a shop plus conference and meeting facilities.
Social media is an integral part of our marketing activity and also our communication with customers. We are already well established on Facebook, Twitter, You Tube and Instagram and will be growing our presence on Trip Advisor and other social media platforms to engage with our target audience and customers.
To find out more, please visit britishairwaysi360.com
Customer Communication Executive responsibilities
- To maintain and monitor all of our social media channels including responding to direct communications from customers, fans and interested parties.
- To build our presence and customer interactions on additional social media channels notably Trip Advisor.
- To implement social media and e-marketing campaigns (including paid) that are innovative and exciting in order to promote sales, events, drive fan acquisition, drive traffic to BritishAirwaysi360.com and encourage user generated content.
- To continue to develop our social media into the place for our audience to be ‘in the know’ for events, special offers, tickets on sale, latest news and also where followers can share images about the British Airways i360 visitor experience.
- To manage the enquiries email account for British Airways i360, including responding to customer feedback and complaints plus distributing emails as relevant to other team members.
- To correspond directly with customers who complete a customer feedback form, handling both complaints and compliments to a high service standard that guarantees a mutually acceptable outcome.
- To coordinate regular customer feedback reports (derived from comments on social media, customer emails and comments cards) for the British Airways i360 team and Directors. These reports will be used to ensure continuous improvement of our customer service and communications.
- To create and publish original, innovative content for British Airways i360, including our website, blog and newsletter.
- To analyse and report our digital and social media activity including spend and ROI on advertising campaigns. To make recommendations for future campaigns and communications based on analysis.
- To assist in updating the British Airways i360 website.
- This list is not exhaustive. We are a small ‘start up’ team and the role may evolve over time. A flexible and willing attitude is vital.
Your skills, experience and personal qualities
- A minimum of 1 year’s customer communications preferably including digital platforms is ideal for this role.
- Evidence of creative writing, designing and publishing engaging content on multiple social media channels is essential, either produced in a professional or personal capacity.
- A focus on providing great customer service with a positive attitude is also essential.
- Experience of scheduling and reporting from analytical platforms and software such as Sprout Social, Hootsuite and Google Analytics would be useful.
- An excellent eye for detail and a firm grasp of the written English language and grammar. Creative writing skills are a must.
- Knowledge of using Photoshop Elements for basic manipulation of images.
- Experience of WordPress CMS, HTML email campaigns through MailChimp, Prezi and InDesign would all be useful, although not essential.
- You must be a team player able to work effectively with colleagues in the British Airways i360 project team.
- You must be passionate about British Airways i360. You must have a passion for excellence, be able work on your own initiative and have the ability to work under pressure. You will remain calm in all types of situations, genuinely enjoy working with customers to provide the best possible solutions for them
- You will have strong organisational skills and attention to detail is essential
- You will demonstrate commercial acumen, common sense and problem-solving skills
- You must be passionate, positive and enthusiastic about British Airways i360 and be able to ‘sell’ the benefits to current and prospective partners
Job location and hours
This is not a 9 – 5, Monday to Friday job! British Airways i360 is open seven days a week from 10am to 10pm*, the same is true for our social media.
This is a permanent full-time role, working 5 days / week. Working days and hours will vary each week as the role will be on a shift basis. When not on shift the social media monitoring is shared among other members of the marketing team.
The role is based in our offices on Brighton Beach (Kings Road, Brighton BN1 2LN).
* opening times vary
Salary and benefits
The salary is between £17,160 to £2?0,800 depending on experience and also includes a competitive benefits package.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a letter explaining why you would like this job and why you are the right candidate for the position, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Friday 9th September 2016.
First interviews will be by telephone week commencing 12th September 2016. Final interviews will take place at British Airways i360 office in Brighton on Monday 19th September and Tuesday 20th September. You must be available for interview during these dates.
Please confirm you can make the interview dates, your notice period and the date you would be available to start work in your cover letter.