Are you highly organised? Do you relish providing an amazing visitor experience at a busy attraction? Can you motivate the rest of the team to do the same? British Airways i360, the world’s highest moving observation tower, is offering an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Customer Service Supervisor at this amazing new visitor attraction.
Reporting to one of our Customer Service Duty Managers, you will be responsible on a shift basis for assisting in managing our front of house operation including the ticket office, the boarding gate/ queue management, shop and in-flight pod crew.
This is not a 9 to 5 job and will involve evening and weekend working. Full training will be provided.
About British Airways i360
At 162 metres high, and with an observation pod rising to 138 metres, British Airways i360 is the world’s tallest moving observation tower and the tallest observation tower outside London offering a new perspective on the fun loving seaside city of Brighton.
Developed by the team that created the London Eye, British Airways i360 opened in August 2016. The futuristic pod allows 200 visitors at a time to ride up sky high to enjoy breath taking 360 degree views of Brighton and the entire south coast. The visitor centre incorporates the BelleVue restaurant, a shop, visitor facilities and conference and event facilities.
To find out more, please visit britishairwaysi360.com.
- To assist the Customer Service Duty Managers in monitoring the daily operation in particular ticket sales, staffing levels and queue management, feeding back on any issues that arise.
- To be the first point of contact to resolve any customer complaints, in line with our company service recovery guidelines
- To monitor staff attendance, breaks and positions throughout the day to ensure that all positions are adequately staffed.
- To greet staff members on arrival at the start of their shift ensuring they are fully briefed on the day ahead.
- To deliver the highest quality visitor experience, embedding our brand values and guidelines into the customer’s journey.
- To support the Customer Service Duty managers to develop operational standards.
- To assist with recruitment and operational management tasks.
- To cash up and sign off staff members till sheets at the end of a shift.
- To monitor the quality of the visitor experience and use feedback to ensure continuous improvement and efficiency.
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of visitors, working with the operational managers to delivering Health and Safety policy and procedures across the organisation.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required and that fall within the scope and range of the job.
Your skills, experience and personal qualities
- You will have at least 1 years’ relevant supervisory experience in a comparable high volume customer facing organisation such as a visitor attraction, airline, or entertainment venue.
- You will have the ability to react well under pressure and to stay calm.
- You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to diffuse difficult situations such as face to face customer complaints.
- You will be able to command the respect of your colleagues.
- You will be highly organised and able to follow procedures.
- You will be a team player with a hands on attitude, willing to muck in and to help out to make sure that the operation runs smoothly at all times.
- Please note that if you are successful, you will be required to request a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Job location and hours
This is a full-time role based mainly at our site on Brighton beach (Kings Road, Brighton BN1 2LN). This is not a 9 to 5 role. It will involve working as supervisor on a roster basis, and therefore will include working weekends and evenings.
The salary is £20,800 (£10 per hour) plus a competitive benefits package.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter (1 side of A4) explaining why you are the right candidate for the role, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.