Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you will be responsible for the development and delivery of integrated campaigns to consumers, corporates and trade, ensuring we meet our commercial objectives.
This role is a varied blend of strategic thinking, creative development and implementation of marcomms activity including advertising campaigns and promotional partnerships. You will have particular strengths in website development, google analytics, SEO, PPC advertising and eCRM activity.
The ideal candidate will have a travel background and will thrive on working at a fast pace in an entrepreneurial organisation.
About British Airways i360
Visitors to British Airways i360 can take to the skies and see Brighton and the South Coast as they have never seen them before.
Guests glide up slowly to 138m (450ft) to enjoy breath-taking 360° views from the world’s tallest moving observation tower and the world’s first vertical cable car, conceived and designed by Marks Barfield Architects, creators of the London Eye.
In a fully enclosed, futuristic glass viewing pod, up to 200 visitors can admire the views across Regency Brighton, the South Downs and the beautiful Sussex coastline. On board the pod, they can enjoy a drink at the Nyetimber Sky Bar, one of the most unique bars in the UK, serving a range of fine drinks from Sussex including Nyetimber, an award winning sparkling wine.
At beach level is the stylish Belle Vue restaurant with sea views and a large terrace, serving delicious food created from the best ingredients of Sussex. Tea and coffee can also be enjoyed in the traditional West Pier Tea Room, housed in a reproduction tollbooth from the original West Pier built in 1866. Our shop has an interesting range of gifts and souvenirs, many created by local Brighton artists.
We also have a range of event spaces for corporate events, functions and weddings.
- Brand management – Work with the Head of Marketing to develop our brand and ensure our creative work and brand values are consistently delivered to a high quality by the entire organisation
- Marketing Communications – implement a cohesive marketing and communications plan for our target markets including advertising, digital marketing, partnerships and tactical promotions to ensure we achieve our commercial objectives
- Website – lead the development of our website to ensure it meets our customer needs, fits with our brand and is optimised for conversion to bookings and search engine results. Provide regular reporting using google analytics.
- eCRM – lead the development of regular, timely emails to inspire, inform and engage our customers, corporates and travel trade; encourage repeat visits; and identify opportunities for cross-selling our other offerings such as our shop, restaurant and events spaces
- PPC advertising – lead the development of our approach for pay per click advertising
- Travel trade and events – work with the sales team and Head of Marketing to develop advertising and email activity for the travel trade and corporate events markets, including brochure creation
- On-site customer communications – identify opportunities for engaging with our customers throughout their customer journey while on site at the venue
- App development – manage and develop our free multi-lingual app, including content creation
- Agency management – managing the day to day relationship with our digital, email and media agencies
- Team management – overseeing the work and development of the Marketing Executive
- Trends – keep up to date with consumer trends and our competitive environment and share with the wider team
- Stakeholders – work with internal stakeholders (sales, operations, technical & facilities, retail, finance) and external stakeholders (Marks Barfield Architects, British Airways, VisitBrighton, Tourism South East) to ensure cohesive planning and maximise opportunities
- Customer reports – oversee the reporting on customer feedback on a regular basis by the Marketing Executive
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required and that fall within the scope and range of the job.
Your skills, experience and personal qualities
- You will have at least 5 years marketing experience with a digital focus, preferably in the travel or leisure sector
- You will be organised, strategic, with a keen attention to detail and experience of guiding design and creative output
- You should be entrepreneurial and commercially astute, comfortable working in a dynamic environment
- You must be passionate and enthusiastic about BAi360
- You will be a confident self-starter and a team player able to work with a wide variety of stakeholders and staff
- Experience in leading website development, SEO and using google analytics is required
- Experience of developing eCRM programmes is desired, as is using email platforms such as Mailchimp, Pure 360 etc.
- You should be able to demonstrate a track record of managing multiple projects at once and delivering engaging and effective marketing activity
- You are likely to hold a degree and some form of post-grad marketing qualification e.g. CIM certification
- You must have excellent written English skills and be able to create engaging copy as well as be used to proof-reading
- You must have good PC skills, using Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel
Job location and hours
The role is based at British Airways i360 on Brighton beach (Kings Road, Brighton BN1 2LN).
You will be expected to travel to meetings occasionally, mainly in London and the South East.
The role dictates that hours will vary and will require some flexibility. You will mainly work normal office hours 9.00am-5.30pm, but you may be required to help monitor and respond to social media accounts or broadcast emails during some evenings and weekends, on a duty roster. You will also be expected to attend some networking and community events during evenings and the occasional weekends, as well as to support the sales team at exhibitions.
This is a full-time role.
Competitive salary plus a great benefits package. Please include your salary expectations with your application.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are the right candidate for the role, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 24th March 2017.
First interviews will be by telephone, week commencing 27th March. Final interviews will take place week commencing 3rd April.
Please note that we are unable to respond to everyone due to the high number of applications we receive, however we will be in touch if we want to take your application further.