Visitors to British Airways i360 can take to the skies and see Brighton and the South Coast as they have never seen them before.
Guests glide up slowly to 138m (450ft) to enjoy breath taking 360° views from the world’s tallest moving observation tower, conceived and designed by Marks Barfield Architects, creators of the London Eye.
The business also includes our restaurant, West Beach Bar & Kitchen, plus a range of flexible events spaces, the West Pier Tea Room and the British Airways i360 shop.
Based in our offices on Brighton beach, you will communicate with our customers via social media and review sites, help run our press office and support our marketing campaigns. A typical week might involve planning social media content, posting to our channels and engaging with followers; responding to incoming media enquiries; writing content for digital platforms, customer newsletters and the media; helping to plan themed flights and special events; and helping to create engaging marketing initiatives to drive visitors to our wonderful attraction.
You will be a clear and confident communicator who excels at building relationships and is comfortable handling queries from both the public and the media. You are brimming with ideas and can write crisp copy promptly in whatever format it is required. In addition, you will have proven experience running successful social media accounts.
In return we offer the chance to be part of the most-talked about attraction on the south coast, in a fun, friendly and fast-paced environment right on Brighton beach.
- To maintain and monitor our social media channels and to create campaigns that increase engagement and ultimately drive ticket sales for British Airways i360.
- To handle customer comments and queries received via social media or review sites and to report any issues to the management team. This includes some light monitoring out of hours on a rota basis.
- To help run the British Airways i360 press office; responding quickly and effectively to media enquiries and researching, and being alert to, opportunities for positive media coverage.
- To help write press materials, co-ordinate photo shoots, book film crews, manage an image library, distribute media information and generally assist in providing all types of content for the media.
- To assist with planning and hosting PR events; from individual visiting journalists and film crews to large-scale high-profile activities.
- To assist in developing our database of bloggers and social media influencers, and to work creatively to engage with them.
- To assemble and distribute customer newsletters.
- To support marketing campaigns by managing small projects, such as ordering print collateral, booking pieces of advertising, updating listing sites and managing our profile on partner sites.
- To monitor and track market conditions and competitor campaigns.
- To assist with internal communications to our staff, including full-time, part-time and summer seasonal staff.
- This list is not exhaustive. We are a small team and the role may evolve over time. A flexible and willing attitude is vital.
Your skills, experience and personal qualities:
- You will make a positive first impression and will have excellent interpersonal skills, able to form positive relationships with a wide variety of people.
- You will be bright, enthusiastic and a clear communicator; able to ‘sell’ British Airways i360 to the media and the public.
- You must possess an excellent grasp of the English language and have strong writing skills; able to follow a brief and a style guide to write social media posts, press materials, digital content, newsletters, blogs and other content quickly and professionally.
- Evidence of having produced engaging content for social media channels is essential, either in a professional or personal capacity.
- You will have some experience working with media and influencers and will genuinely enjoy meeting their needs, while being brand-focussed at all times.
- You will have strong organisational skills and take great pride in your work. You will be comfortable working under pressure and remain calm in all situations.
- You must have good PC skills and experience using social media planning tools and Word Press, plus Pure 360, Mail Chimp or similar.
- You must be a self-starter who is able to work on your own initiative, but equally you will be a team player who enjoys working with colleagues and the broader team.
- You will have experience of dealing with the general public and handling customer relations in a positive and proactive way.
- You are likely to have at least one year’s experience in a marketing / communications or PR role (either agency or client-side).
- Experience of scheduling and reporting from analytical platforms and software such as Google Analytics would be useful but not essential.
- Design and production skills would be an advantage but are not essential.
Job Hours and Salary
This is a full-time position. Salary is circa £22k per annum.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are the right candidate for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date is December 22, 2017.