You primarily will be responsible for cashiering in the company, working closely with the Head of Finance.
You’ll need to be numerate, accurate and have good IT/Excel skills. There is a wide remit to this role so a flexible, ‘can-do’ attitude is essential.
About British Airways i360
Visitors to British Airways i360 can take to the skies and see Brighton and the South Coast as they have never seen them before.
Guests glide up slowly to 138m (450ft) in a fully enclosed glass viewing pod to enjoy breathtaking 360 degree views from the world’s tallest moving observation tower, which was conceived and designed by Marks Barfield Architects, creators of the London Eye. On board the pod, they can enjoy a drink at the Nyetimber Sky Bar, one of the most unique bars in the UK, serving a range of fine drinks from Sussex including Nyetimber, an award-winning sparkling wine.
At beach level is the stylish West Beach Bar & Kitchen, with sea views and a large terrace, serving dishes inspired by the seasons and created using many local ingredients. Artisan teas, coffees and cakes are served in the West Pier Tea Room, which is housed in a replica 1866 West Pier tollbooth. The British Airways i360 shop offers an interesting range of gifts and souvenirs, many created by Brighton artists.
The British Airways i360 beach building also has a range of event spaces for corporate functions and weddings.
To find out more, please visit britishairwaysi360.com.
- To provide outstanding customer service.
- Working closely with the Operations team, to be the main point of contact during opening hours for cash related queries.
- To maintain strong internal controls to safeguard against fraud or loss of cash / revenue.
- To have the ability and confidence to handle large sums of money.
- To be able to process change orders and high coin volumes.
- To complete daily reconciliations of sales to cash and credit card reports.
- To maintain cash levels in the safe(s).
- To run daily cash and credit card reports, noting any refunds and the items sold by payment method.
- To organise/ assist with stock checks.
- Financial assistance including chasing aged debtors, analysing invoices and data entry for daily till reconciliations.
- Running ticketing system reports and raising Sales invoices.
This list is not exhaustive and a flexible and willing attitude is vital.
Your skills, experience and personal qualities
- Ideally, you should have experience in cash handling and/or banking or finance.
- You should have administration experience.
- You will have exceptional organisational skills and the ability to prioritise your workload.
- You will be able to solve problems and work on your own initiative.
- You will have good oral and written communication skills with a polite and welcoming manner.
- You will have a methodical approach and strong attention to detail.
- You will have excellent team skills and be able to form good relationships with staff across the organisation.
- You will have a good knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Experience of using a ticketing / retail system (we use Maxim and Fidelity) will be an advantage but not essential as training will be provided.
- You must be positive and enthusiastic about British Airways i360.
Job location and hours
This is a flexible part time role (16 hours per week) based at British Airways i360 on Lower King’s Road, Brighton BN1 2LN to include occasional weekends.
The salary is £10.50 per hour.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter (1 side of A4) explaining why you are the right candidate for the role, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please confirm the date you are available to start work / your notice period in your cover letter.