You will build strong relationships with the team and clients as appropriate ensuring clients receive the first-class service they expect.
- To work closely with the Senior Venue Sales Executive ensuring client events, functions and meetings are ready for the day to run smoothly including:
- All administration before the event
- Liaising with the client to confirm event timings
- Confirming the room layout preferences and advising housekeeping in advance of the day
- Create functions sheets
- Preparing all signage for the events including but not limited to signs, name cards, etc.
- Ensuring all documentation is correct and available in good time, including details of the main contact and telephone number along with health and safety requirements
- Pass all details to the Events Manager in plenty of time for the event to be run smoothly
- Updating the event details (in conjunction with the Senior Venue Sales Executive) to ensure everything is correct to run on the day
- Assist the Guest Experience Team and caterer as and when appropriate in order to deliver outstanding service to our customers before and during the day of the event/meeting ensuring excellent service
- To deal with customer written, email, social media or telephone enquiries assisting customers with information as required by the wider team
- To undertake administrative tasks including responding to written enquiries, sending out brochures, booking confirmations and invoices as requested by the wider team
- To ensure that clients are kept up to date with the latest information from British Airways i360 on, for example, new products, special offers and promotions or any operational issues
- This list is not exhaustive. A flexible and willing attitude is vital.
About you…..the essential skills and personal qualities
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent
- Demonstrates ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with clients over the telephone and in writing
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent IT Skills – proficient in Microsoft Office and able to use departmental systems and databases
- Able to work accurately and show attention to detail
- Experience of working in a busy events team would be desirable but not essential
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage and prioritise a heavy workload on own initiative
Job Hours and Salary
£18,200 per annum. This is a full-time position to include occasional evenings and weekends.
How to apply
Please email CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 11th March 2018. Please note that we are unable to respond to everyone due to the high number of applicants we receive; however, we will contact you if we would like to take your application further.