Based in our booking office, you will be handling a high volume of sales calls, upselling and cross-selling our products, packages, events and weddings through our computer reservation system (Maxim).
Dealing with corporate clients, hotel concierges, travel agents, school groups and the general public, you will be pro-active, flexible with a friendly and outgoing manner.
You will be a key part of the team with the opportunity to really make a difference to the success of British Airways i360 in achieving our revenue targets. In doing so you will be rewarded with an attractive salary package and commission.
- To deliver excellent service through up-selling and cross-selling on the telephone of British Airways i360 products via phone and through our computer reservation system in order to help the company achieve its multi-million-pound revenue targets and targets for the percentage of calls answered.
- To build positive relationships with our clients including the travel trade, group operators, language schools, local businesses and our commercial partners.
- To promote British Airways i360 face-to-face meetings, familiarisation visits, exhibitions and networking events.
- Actively seeking out new opportunities of potential travel trade partners we work with to increase database/clients we work with.
- Trade contracting/negotiation.
- Reporting of monthly trade figures to management.
- To create tailor-made packages for clients using your excellent product knowledge.
- To deal with customer written, email, social media or telephone enquiries assisting customers with information and resolving customer complaints according to British Airways i360 service recovery guidelines.
- To undertake administrative tasks including responding to written enquiries, sending out brochures, booking confirmations, setting clients up on the trade portal and invoices as well as entering all sales into our computer reservations system.
- To work together as a team in order to promote, sell and manage bookings and to assist the operations team and caterer as and when appropriate in order to deliver outstanding service to our customers through outstanding teamwork
- This list is not exhaustive. A flexible and willing attitude is vital.
About you…..the essential skills and personal qualities
- A minimum of 1-year sales experience is a must for this role ideally gained in a unique venue, visitor attraction, hotel or conference centre or perhaps in telephone sales.
- Experience of working with travel trade, groups and corporate customers is essential.
- You will be a persuasive and confident communicator, a real team player who is flexible with the ability to undertake a wide variety of tasks.
- You must have a passion for excellence, be able to work on your own initiative and have the ability to work under pressure. You will remain calm in all types of situations, genuinely enjoy working with customers and up-selling our products.
- You will be a quick learner, able to adapt to an ever-changing portfolio of new products.
- You will have an aptitude for computers and ideally, have experience of using a computer reservation system.
- You will have strong organisational skills and attention to detail is essential.
- You will make a positive first impression and will have excellent interpersonal skills, able to form positive relationships with a wide variety of people.
- You must be passionate, positive and enthusiastic about British Airways i360 and be able to ‘sell’ the benefits to prospective partners.
- You will be highly polished and professional.
- You must have excellent English, both written and spoken.
- You must be proactive and goal focused to achieve your sales targets.
Job Hours and Salary
This is a full-time position to include occasional evenings and weekends. Salary is £22k per annum.
How to apply
Please email CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 11th March 2018. Please note that we are unable to respond to everyone due to the high number of applicants we receive; however, we will contact you if we would like to take your application further.