Reporting to the Security Manager, you will ensure we deliver a safe and secure operation at this world-class attraction.
You will be part of a high-performing in-house security team, which is customer focused and highly professional, fit for our iconic venue.
The security operation includes searches for the i360 pod and licensed areas, and overall 24-hour security of the entire 1,500 square metre public venue including shop, hospitality spaces for up to 1,000 people, restaurants, visitor facilities and exhibition space.
This is not a 9 to 5 job and will involve rostered evening and weekend working.
- To deliver world-class service excellence in line with our service standards.
- To provide a warm welcome to guests at the entrance to British Airways i360, providing outstanding service and answering any questions members of the public may have.
- To ensure the safety of all of our guests by providing pre-flight checks of guests and their bags before their flight on the pod or at the entrance to an event.
- To monitor guests and identify potentially hazardous situations, security risks, crime or disorder, and report these to the duty manager.
- To guard the retail area and cash collections in order to prevent losses
- To respond to any intruder alarms and to undertake surveillance of the building and guests using CCTV equipment, in line with SIA guidelines.
- To deliver a safe and secure operation as part of our visitors’ experience, in line with our brand values and customer service ethos.
- During any operational disruption to provide direction, support and reassurance for our guests.
- To perform first aid or CPR and liaise with the ambulance service if necessary.
- To diffuse difficult customer situations, dealing with potentially aggressive, abusive or violent behaviour by guests.
- To assist in any emergency situation.
- To ensure British Airways i360 policies and procedures are strictly adhered to, specifically security, customer service and service recovery.
- To assess if guests may pose a threat, confiscating prohibited items, evicting, or apprehending violators, contacting the Police if necessary, and reporting this to the duty manager.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required and that fall within the scope and range of the job.
This list is not exhaustive and a flexible and willing attitude is vital.
Your skills, experience and personal qualities
- You will be a security professional with relevant experience in a comparable high-volume customer facing organisation such as a visitor attraction; leisure centre; airline or large entertainment venue.
- You will hold a valid SIA badge.
- You will have a sound working knowledge of security best practice, legislation and security systems, including alarms, CCTV.
- You will have excellent customer service skills. Able to build rapport with our visitors, be friendly, understanding and empathetic to their needs.
- You will have sound judgement and decision-making skills, with a ‘hands on’, problem solving approach, able to remain calm under pressure and take control of incidents.
- You will be a team player with great communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to diffuse difficult situations and a hands-on attitude, willing to muck in and to help out to make sure that the operation runs smoothly at all times.
- You must be a self-starter who is able to work without direct day-to-day supervision, but equally you must be a team player able to work effectively with colleagues at British Airways i360 and broader team.
How to apply
Please email CV with a covering letter to email@example.com. Please note that we are unable to respond to everyone due to the high number of applicants we receive, however we will contact you if we would like to take your application further.