Visitors to British Airways i360 can take to the skies and see Brighton and the South Coast as they have never seen them before.
Guests glide up slowly from ground level to 138m (450ft) to enjoy breathtaking 360° views in our futuristic glass viewing pod, conceived and designed by Marks Barfield Architects, creators of the London Eye.
Reporting to the Security Manager, you will ensure we deliver a safe and secure operation at this world-class attraction.
You will directly manage, develop and train a high-performing in-house security team, which is customer focused and highly professional, fit for our iconic venue.
The security operation includes searches for the i360 pod and licensed areas, and overall 24-hour security of the entire 1,500 square metre public venue including shop, hospitality spaces for up to 1,000 people, restaurants, children’s play zone, visitor facilities and exhibition space.
You will work as part of the operations management team. This is not a 9 to 5 job and will involve rostered evening and weekend working.
- To assist in training and managing the security team including part-time, full-time and seasonal staff to ensure security and operational excellence.
- Complete staff daily and monthly rotas and performance management.
- Undertake the security lead role in the Major Incident Team in the absence of the Security Manager.
- To investigate any significant security breaches, undertake full investigation and recommend course of action in consultation with Security Manager.
- To ensure British Airways i360 policies and procedures are strictly adhered to, specifically security, customer service and service recovery.
- To assess if guests may pose a threat, denying entry to the venue, confiscating prohibited items, evicting or apprehending violators, apprehending criminals and contacting the Police if necessary, whilst acting lawfully at all times.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required and that fall within the scope and range of the job.
- To brief the team daily.
- To feedback to Heads of Guest Experience and Security Manager regarding daily management issues including, staffing, operations, health and safety.
- To take responsibility for the security/safety of the site in place of the Security Manager when they are not on site
- To deal with customer complaints, adhering to appropriate policies
- To undertake projects and administrative duties as required.
- To deliver a safe and secure operation as part of our visitors’ experience, in line with our brand values and customer service ethos.
This list is not exhaustive and a flexible and willing attitude is vital.
Your skills, experience and personal qualities
- You will be a security professional with relevant experience in a comparable high-volume customer facing organisation such as a visitor attraction; leisure centre; airline or large entertainment venue.
- You will have experience of managing teams, including recruitment and performance management.
- You will hold a recognized security qualification.
- You will have a sound working knowledge of security best practice, legislation and security systems, including alarms, CCTV.
- You will have sound judgement and decision-making skills, with a ‘hands on’, problem solving approach, able to remain calm under pressure and take control of incidents.
- You will be a team player with great communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to diffuse difficult situations and a hands-on attitude, willing to muck in and to help out to make sure that the operation runs smoothly at all times.
- You must be a self-starter who is able to work without direct day-to-day supervision, but equally you must be a team player able to work effectively with colleagues at British Airways i360 and broader team.
Job location and hours
This is a full-time role based mainly at our site on Brighton beach (Kings Road, Brighton BN1 2LN). This is not a 9 to 5 role. It will involve working as supervisor on a roster basis, and therefore will include working weekends and evenings.
Competitive salary and greats benefits package.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter (1 side of A4) explaining why you are the right candidate for the role via email to email@example.com.