Security Officer – Part time
Visitors to British Airways i360 can take to the skies and see Brighton and the South Coast as
they have never seen them before.
Guests glide up gently to 138m (450ft) in our futuristic glass viewing pod, conceived and
designed by Marks Barfield Architects, creators of the London Eye.
Reporting to the Security supervisor, you will ensure we deliver a safe and secure operation at
this world-class attraction.
You will be part of a high-performing in-house security team, which is customer focused and
highly professional, fit for our iconic venue.
The security operation includes searches for the i360 pod and licensed areas, and overall 24-
hour security of the entire 1,500 square metre public venue including shop, hospitality spaces
for up to 1,000 people, restaurants, visitor facilities and exhibition space.
This is not a 9 to 5 job and will involve rostered evening and weekend working.
• To deliver world-class service excellence in line with our service standards.
• To provide a warm welcome to guests at the entrance to British Airways i360,
providing outstanding service and answering any questions members of the public may
• To ensure the safety of all of our guests by providing pre-flight checks of guests and
their bags before their flight on the pod or at the entrance to an event.
• To monitor guests and identify potentially hazardous situations, security risks, crime
or disorder, and report these to the duty manager.
• To guard the retail area and cash collections in order to prevent losses
• To respond to any intruder alarms and to undertake surveillance of the building and
guests using CCTV equipment, in line with SIA guidelines.
• To deliver a safe and secure operation as part of our visitors’ experience, in line with
our brand values and customer service ethos.
• During any operational disruption to provide direction, support and reassurance for
• To perform first aid or CPR and liaise with the ambulance service if necessary.
• To diffuse difficult customer situations, dealing with potentially aggressive, abusive or
violent behaviour by guests.
• To assist in any emergency situation.
• To ensure British Airways i360 policies and procedures are strictly adhered to,
specifically security, customer service and service recovery.
• To assess if guests may pose a threat, confiscating prohibited items, evicting, or
apprehending violators, contacting the Police if necessary, and reporting this to the
• Any other duties as may reasonably be required and that fall within the scope and
range of the job.
This list is not exhaustive and a flexible and willing attitude is vital.
Your skills, experience and personal qualities
• You will be a security professional with relevant experience in a comparable high-volume
customer facing organisation such as a visitor attraction; leisure centre; airline or large
• You will hold a valid SIA badge.
• You will have a sound working knowledge of security best practice, legislation and security
systems, including alarms, CCTV.
• You will have excellent customer service skills. Able to build rapport with our visitors, be
friendly, understanding and empathetic to their needs.
• You will have sound judgement and decision-making skills, with a ‘hands on’, problem
solving approach, able to remain calm under pressure and take control of incidents.
• You will be a team player with great communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability
to diffuse difficult situations and a hands-on attitude, willing to muck in and to help out to
make sure that the operation runs smoothly at all times.
• You must be a self-starter who is able to work without direct day-to-day supervision, but
equally you must be a team player able to work effectively with colleagues at British
Airways i360 and broader team.