British Airways i360 has been temporarily closed for many months, but we are excited to be nearing our reopening date. It is important to us that, after all this time, we quickly reconnect with our Brighton & Hove community. We are really looking forward to welcoming locals back to the attraction and giving them the chance to enjoy some of the wonderful open-air, beachfront space we have at BA i360.
Supporting local businesses has always been important to us at BA i360, and after a very challenging twelve months, this is now more important than ever. So, we are inviting fitness and wellbeing instructors to apply to operate classes on The Deck @BA i360 completely FREE OF CHARGE.
The Deck @BAi360 is the large wooden decked area on the upper level of the site that overlooks the beachfront and the sea. It is the open space that surrounds the pod – the perfect location for a socially distanced exercise class with stunning sea views.
The Deck @BA i360 will be available for instructors to use from 08:00 – 11:30, every day of the week, from 12th April throughout the summer.
Ideally, we will have approximately ten or so instructors / groups offering a range of different classes and wellbeing activities across the week. After reviewing all applications, we will build a schedule of weekly classes which will remain more or less the same throughout the summer.
To apply to use The Deck @BAi360, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 30th March. Please include the following detail in your email:
- Your name and business name
- Your email address and contact number
- Details of the type of class you offer and how long you have been offering the class
- Details of your average class size (available space for classes is approximately 100m2 which allows for 25 participants)
- Details of any equipment you or your participants will bring onto The Deck. We are unable to provide a power source so you will need to have a battery powered microphone and speaker if applicable.
- Your preferred days of the week to run a class on The Deck and your preferred timings. For example, you may wish to apply to run one 1-hour class one morning a week or you may wish to run several classes on different mornings or several classes on the same morning, for example at 08:30, 09: 30 and 10:30.
- Details of how you operate your classes with Covid secure operations
Terms and Conditions:
- We aim to respond to your application by Tuesday 6th April.
- We are unable to offer The Deck outside of the specified times for this initiative. The available times are between 08:00 – 11:30, please do not apply if these timings are unsuitable for you.
- A member of BA i360 staff will be on site to allow you access to The Deck from 08:00. We are unable to accommodate earlier arrivals.
- You must adhere to the Government advice on operating organised sport in a covid secure manner.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of your class i.e. promotion, bookings, registration, class member management.
- You will be responsible for securing The Deck area when your class is in progress.
- We ask you to leave The Deck as you found it with all rubbish cleared away.
- Please be aware it is an open-air space with no cover. Instructors will be responsible for making alternative arrangements or cancelling classes in the case of poor weather conditions.