Live music has been missing from all our lives for far too long. The good news is that as restrictions start to ease, it means we can bring live music entertainment to our visitors – first to our outdoor restaurant terrace and later, on board the BA i360 pod.
We know it has been an exceptionally challenging year for musicians and DJs. We are keen to support local talented music artists by providing the opportunity to perform regularly at BA i360 this summer. This is an opportunity for musicians to get back to what they love doing best – playing to a crowd!
We are specifically looking for solo or duo singers, musicians and DJs. We have some entertainment space constraints so unfortunately cannot accommodate groups of more than two people.
We will be re-opening our restaurant terrace on 12th April and aim to feature live music from this date and every afternoon/ evening throughout the summer (weather permitting).
The audition process will involve performing several afternoon sets to our restaurant customers between 12th April – 16th May. After that period, based on customer and staff feedback, we will select between seven to ten resident musicians and DJs who will play regularly at British Airways i360 throughout the summer months.
To apply to ‘live’ audition at BA i360, please email email@example.com by Thursday 1st April. Please include the following detail in your email:
- Your name and band / performer name (if applicable)
- Your email address and contact number
- Details of the type of music you play / perform and how long you have been performing
- A recent video and sound clip of you singing / playing / DJing
- Details of any equipment you require for your performance
- Any preference for days of the week to perform at BA i360 from 12th April
Terms and Conditions
- We aim to respond to your application by Wednesday 7th April.
- We have some entertainment space constraints so unfortunately cannot accommodate groups of more than two people.
- Audition performances between 12th April – 16th May are to be provided with no fee. During this audition phase you can accept tips from visitors / diners.
- Fee payment, performance dates and times will be discussed and confirmed with the selected artists for their residency status.
- Resident musicians can expect to regularly perform at BA i360 from 17th May to the beginning of September.
- Although we are not specific about the genre of music to be performed, please be mindful that it should be appropriate for our visitors and that we must abide by noise level restrictions.
- We can supply a power source but all equipment should be provided by the musician / DJ and should be portable.
- You must adhere to the Government advice on operating live music in a covid secure manner.