An exciting opportunity for Brighton & Hove artists to exhibit their work to hundreds of people!
We have always supported local artists by stocking their beautiful products in the British Airways i360 gift shop. After a very challenging twelve months, it is now more important than ever that we show support for small independent businesses. So, we are inviting local artists to apply to exhibit their work on the interior walls of West Beach restaurant completely FREE OF CHARGE.
West Beach restaurant is located on Brighton’s beach front. It benefits from expansive sea views and plenty of natural coastal light. We have two limed oak walls within the restaurant that are the perfect backdrop to display large paintings or prints.
Each selected artist will display their work for one month. The installations will start from our reopening day, Monday 17th May. Selected artists should produce an information card for each piece of their work together with the sale price. We hope that our many customers will be interested in the exhibits and purchase the artworks.
If you would like the opportunity to exhibit and sell your work at West Beach restaurant, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 28th April. Please include the following detail in your email:
- Your name and business name
- Your email address and contact number
- Details and images of your artwork. Please note that the aesthetic of West Beach restaurant would best suit modern art.
- Dimensions and quantities of your artwork. We will require at least four pieces from each artist.
- Details of how your work will be hung. The walls have a picture rail but fittings should be attached to the pictures by the artist.
Terms and Conditions
- We aim to respond to your application by Friday 30th April.
- Selected artists will be expected to commit to exhibit their work for one month at West Beach. Any pictures sold in that time should not be removed until that month is complete.
- Selected artists are responsible for providing suitable fittings for their artwork.
- We ask that each selected artist assists our technical team with hanging their artwork.
- We ask that each selected artist provides information cards for each piece of artwork.
- Please be aware that West Beach is a busy venue serving food and drink. Artists should take the necessary precautions to protect their pieces from any unforeseen effect of the restaurant environment.