Move the classroom to the skies with a school trip to British Airways i360
Educational and exciting, BA i360, is an ideal venue for a school trip to show all of the elements of the Living Coast biosphere. It is also a marvel of architecture and engineering which can support learning in STEM subjects.
Inspiring Young Minds
The British Airways i360 Viewing Pod is the ideal experience to inspire and educate young minds of all ages. From learning about the city of Brighton from a bird’s eye view to discovering the innovative engineering and construction of the site.
School groups are invited onboard BA i360 to glide up to 450ft in the spacious glass viewing pod to spot Brighton landmarks from up high, charting the city’s historical and contemporary landmarks. Further learning can then take place in the free exhibition, ‘British Airways i360: How it was Built’, which charts the pioneering engineering and design that place our attraction at the forefront of British architecture.
BA i360 offers educational experiences for KS1 & KS2 students. With lesson plans and curriculum-based activity sheets available to support your day trip to BA i360. In addition, classroom-based worksheets and learning resources are available that will help to extend the learning. Please enquire via email for more information.
Special rates are available for school groups – see below.
- Pod flights depart every half an hour and last around 25 minutes (including boarding and disembarking). We ask groups to arrive at least 30 minutes before their flight time in order to pass through security. School visits usually last around an hour.
- The British Airways i360 app is available to download and has fascinating facts about the attraction available in multiple languages.
- After your flight, school groups will pass through the British Airways i360 shop where pocket money souvenirs are available to purchase, many of them created by local artists.
- There are toilets at the upper boarding level and in the beach building.
- Pod hosts are first aid trained and there is a first aid room on site should it be needed.
- We do not have picnic facilities, but picnics can be eaten on the beach or on benches around the public plaza to our west.
- Heritage Learning Brighton & Hove lists other venues offering educational visits in the city.
Foreign language schools
Please visit our groups page.
|Ticket||School prices (inc. VAT) outside of Brighton||Brighton & Hove school prices|
|Student (under 16 yrs)||£7.45||£6.50|
|Young Person (16 – 24 yrs)||£10.00||£10.00|
|Teachers||Free teacher places based on recommended ratios||Free teacher places based on recommended ratios|
Payment must be made in advance. If you are regularly bringing groups to British Airways i360, you may be eligible for a credit account and trade rates. Please email our groups department for more information.