We decided early in the project to work with local companies wherever possible, in order to maximise the economic benefits that British Airways i360 brings to the region.
Now we are following through on this commitment – announcing 12 local commercial partners who will do everything from print our tickets and arrange our flowers, to lead our digital strategy and supply us with accounting, legal and insurance services.
In return, our new commercial partners will find their brand exposed to the millions of visitors expected at British Airways i360 each year. They’ll also benefit from marketing and business networking opportunities, a Gold VIP Card giving them priority access to all the major events at the attraction, including the launch event, and reduced rates on room hire to use our superb new conferencing and events facilities.
CEO Eleanor Harris with our new commercial partners
British Airways i360 CEO Eleanor Harris said: “We are really proud to be working with some of the region’s leading firms and developing partnerships to do some really ground-breaking business activities which should benefit the entire region.
“British Airways i360 has an important role to play in the future of Brighton and Hove and we have been committed from the start to working using companies from the region, employing local residents and bringing as much economic benefit as we can to the local community.”
Our new partners include:
- Brighton CCTV from Brighton, which is supplying all of our CCTV cameras and hosts our web cam
- Curve IT from Brighton is delivering Wi-Fi to our entire site including the glass pod, building our network, providing IT support and project management for the build
- DMH Stallard law firm grew from a base in Brighton and will be providing our legal services
- Flowers Unlimited is our official florist for events
- L&S Printing from Worthing is printing our marketing brochures and retail items such as postcards and our guidebook
- Preston Insurance Brokers from Brighton is brokering our property, employment and public liability insurance
- Pure360 from Brighton is providing a digital platform for our email marketing campaigns
- Royal Bank of Scotland with offices in Brighton and across the south east is our banking partner
- Skerritts from Hove is our official financial planning and wealth management company
- Spofforths accounting firm has offices across Sussex and will provide us with financial services
- Ticketmedia from Hove is printing our BA boarding pass style tickets and shop receipts
- Tilt from Brighton is our web agency and is creating animations for our App and promotional films
Our work with the local business community has already been recognised by Brighton and Hove Economic Partnership executive director Gavin Stewart, who said: “It’s great to see so many excellent local, regional and national businesses supporting British Airways i360 – it’s good for the local economy and fantastic for the profile of the city.”
We’ll also be looking to our neighbours when it comes to sourcing artwork to sell in our shop and produce for our Belle Vue restaurant and events rooms. And we recently announced a partnership with local award-winning English sparkling wine produce Nyetimber, which will be served in the Nyetimber Sky Bar alongside Harveys Ale from Lewes and Wobblegate juices from Bolney.
So with these new business partnerships in place, British Airways i360 continues to champion the best of Sussex.
Find out more about our commercial partners.